I could not find a direct study that links cell phone radiation to PCOS (Polycystic ovary syndrome) OR PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease). However there are several studies that link:
A. Cell Phone Radiation to Miscarriage
B. PCOS can cause an increased risk of Miscarriage
C. Microwave radiation causes Oxidaive Stress
D. Oxidative Stress leads to PCOS
If you connect the dots there is enough evidence to show that exposure to magnetic fields is not desirable in terms of managing PCOS, nor is it helpful to your future child if you are pregnant.
1. Lifestyle Risk Factors Associated with Threatened Miscarriage: A Case-Control Study
Tan TC1, Neo GH, Malhotra R, Allen JC, Lie D and Østbye T
- They found a positive association of threatened miscarriage with computer usage (>4 hours/day) and mobile-phone usage (>1 hour/day)
It also mentions that:
"The association between a past history of regular menses and lower risk of threatened miscarriage that we found may simply reflect the association of irregular menstrual cycles with underlying infertility or other conditions such as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, which confers an increased risk of miscarriage [28,29]".
28. Tulppala M, Stenman UH, Cacciatore B, Ylikorkala O (1993) Polycystic ovaries and levels of gonadotrophins and androgens in recurrent miscarriage: prospective study in 50 women. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 100: 348-352.
29. Sahu B, Oztutrk O, Serhal P, Jayaprakasan K (2010) Do ovarian reserve tests predict miscarriage in women undergoing assisted reproduction treatment? Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 153: 181-184.
2. 2.45 GHz Microwave Irradiation-Induced Oxidative Stress Affects Implantation or Pregnancy in Mice, Mus musculus
Saba Shahin, Vineet Prakash Singh, Ritesh K. Shukla, Alok Dhawan, Ravi Kumar Gangwar, Surya Pal Singh, Chandra Mohini Chaturvedi
- The findings conclude that a low level of MW irradiation-induced oxidative stress not only suppresses implantation, but it may also lead to deformity of the embryo in case pregnancy continues. The study also suggest that MW radiation-induced oxidative stress by increasing ROS production in the body may lead to DNA strand breakage in the brain cells and implantation failure/resorption or abnormal pregnancy in mice.
3. In the book "The Natural Diet Solutions for PCOS and Infertility" there is a chapter on "Electromagetic Radiation and Your Baby"
It points out to following studies:
i) The Jordan University of Science & Technology reported that adult female rats exposed to magnetic fields had changes in their sex hormones, including imbalances of progesterone, estrogen, FSH (follicle stimulating hormone), and LH (luteinizing hormone). Their ovaries also diminished in size. Interestingly, when the magnetic radiation was removed, the hormones tended to normalize.
ii) Yuzuncu Yil University in Turkey reported that cell phones in proximity to female rats appeared to cause ovarian dysfunction.
iii) Ankara University in Turkey discovered that exposure of female rats to cell phone radiation resulted in oxidant stress. In addition, it's well known that most women with PCOS experience oxidant stress, which is the presence of too many unstable molecules in the body that cause tissue damage.
4. Based on above, I also found a related study:
The presence of antibodies to oxidative modified proteins in serum from polycystic ovary syndrome patients
J. R. Palacio1,, A. Iborra1, Z. Ulcova-Gallova, R. Badia1 andP. Martínez1
- This study concludes that oxidative stress may be one of the important causes for abnormal endometrial environment with poor embryo receptivity in PCOS patients.
5. Impact of oxidative stress in aged mouse oocytes on calcium oscillations at fertilization
Toshifumi Takahashi1, Eiji Takahashi, Hideki Igarashi, Naohiro Tezuka andHirohisa Kurachi
-These findings support the idea that Ca2+ oscillations play a key role in the development of fertilized aged oocytes.
6.DNA damage, DNA susceptibility to oxidation and glutathione level in women with polycystic ovary syndrome
Y. Di˙ncer, T. Akcay, T. Erdem, E. Ilker Saygi˙li˙, and S. Gundogdu
- The data indicates that DNA damage and susceptibility of DNA to oxidative stress are increased in women with PCOS and may explain the association between PCOS and ovarian cancer.